You are here
Home > Local News > Ottumwa Christian School Looks Forward to their First Day after their Open House

Ottumwa Christian School Looks Forward to their First Day after their Open House

https://youtu.be/zygUv278BQU

By Jefferson Tyler, Multimedia Journalist

OTTUMWA, IA (KYOU) – “There’s my room. The first and second graders. You want to take him in there.”

Second grader Mikayla Shuttlefield is excited to be here for Ottumwa Christian school’s open house. After all, the first day of school is only 3 days away, on Monday

“I’m a little nervous. Cause I’ve never been here before.”

Just a few weeks ago, Ottumwa Christian finalized their plans to lease the wildwood elementary school building from the Ottumwa school district.

An arson fire ripped apart the inside of their old school building a month ago, and they were not sure where to go next.

“When we first found out about the other building she cried because she’s comfortable there.”

But now, at their new location. Parents, teachers, and students are excited to be in a new building, with more space than their old location, so they have the room they need to teach separate lessons to the different grade levels.

“We’re going to do more science this year. Because science was combined with first grade. In first grade and second grade we couldn’t do as much science.”

The change in scenery can be confusing.

“Where did my desk go. It keeps moving. It’s back here again.”

But it’s got advantages like tvs, updated computers, and space for teachers to do what they need to do, to expand the young minds of tomorrow.

”To be able to encourage them to use their god given abilities. And train up future leaders here in our community.”

“I want it to start right now. Right at this second.”

The first day of class, three days away, and counting.

Copyright 2016 KYOU. All rights reserved.

One thought on “Ottumwa Christian School Looks Forward to their First Day after their Open House

Top