This is your opportunity to nominate the person in your community making a positive difference.
Do you know someone within your local community that has made a positive impact? A hero? A difference maker? Someone who has influenced the people of your community in a positive way? An employer with a heart or a worker with real ethics? This person could be anything from an avid volunteer to someone who brightens up your day when you buy a cup of coffee. Tell us about them! If they are selected as having an exceptional impact on your community, they will be surprised with a $100 Visa gift card and be honored on Fox 15 and kyoutv.com.
Nominees must be 18 years of age or older and must be of no relation to entrant.
To enter the contest, fill out the form below:
SPIRIT OF THE COMMUNITY AWARD OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by: KYOU FOX – 15 820 W. Second St. Ottumwa, IA 52501 and Community 1st Credit Union, 235 Richmond Avenue Ottumwa, IA 52501. (“Sponsor(s)”). The promotion is an ongoing quarterly contest that does not have a set end date. All entrants for each quarter will be voted on in the same quarter. Entrants will not be qualified for subsequent quarters if they did not win within the quarter they were originally nominated. However, if they are nominated again in a subsequent quarter they will once again be qualified for voting for that quarter’s Spirit of the Community Award. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the counties in the station’s viewing area and/or in Community 1st Credit Union’s service area who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Sponsors reserve the right to reject a nomination if the nominee has a criminal record and/or the sponsor determines the nominee is unfit to win the Spirit of the Community Award based on their past. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., KYOU – TV, the other Sponsor(s), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Individuals can enter by visiting our website at http://www.kyoutv.com/home/soca and submit an entry form including a paragraph nominating an individual within the community that exemplifies the “Spirit of the Community”. The nominee must be 18 years of age or older. Individuals may also enter by sending a postcard with their name, address, phone number, email and essay describing their nominee to KYOU Fox 15, attn: Spirit of the Community Award, 820 W. 2nd St., Ottumwa, IA 5201. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that KYOU-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that KYOU-TV may release entrant’s personally identifiable registration information along with their nominee’s personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. KYOU-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
4. Prize(s). 4 winners each year will receive the following prize: a $100 Visa Gift Card. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. On the 1st day of the last month of each quarter polls will open and people will be able to vote for the entrant(s) that they feel most deserves the Spirit of the Community Award by “liking” their post on KYOU’s Facebook page. In the middle of the month polls will close and the two entrants with the highest votes will then go head to head for one more vote to determine the winner. Videos will be produced for the top two and posted on Facebook, Facebook users will be encouraged to vote for the winner by “liking” their video post. One winner will be selected and will be awarded the Spirit of the Community Award at the end of each quarter based on whoever has the most votes “likes”.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. But are not random.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver’s license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KYOU-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from KYOU-TV if KYOU-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KYOU – TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KYOU – TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KYOU-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KYOU FOX 15, 820 W. Second St – Ottumwa, IA 52501