Royals vs. White Sox Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 20
The Chicago White Sox (17-29) take the field against the Kansas City Royals (14-32) on Saturday at Guaranteed Rate Field, at 2:10 PM ET.
The White Sox will give the nod to Lucas Giolito (2-3, 3.86 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 3 on the season, and the Royals will counter with Jordan Lyles (0-7, 6.97 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Royals vs. White Sox Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, May 20, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-CHI
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Guaranteed Rate Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Giolito - CHW (2-3, 3.86 ERA) vs Lyles - KC (0-7, 6.97 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Discover More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|White Sox vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|White Sox vs Royals Player Props|
|How to Watch White Sox vs Royals|
|White Sox vs Royals Odds|
|White Sox vs Royals Prediction|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Lyles
- Lyles gets the start for the Royals, his 10th of the season. He is 0-7 with a 6.97 ERA and 38 strikeouts in 51 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Sunday against the Milwaukee Brewers, when he threw 2 1/3 innings, allowing seven earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 6.97, with 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings in nine games this season. Opponents are batting .250 against him.
- Lyles has one quality start under his belt this year.
- Lyles heads into the game with seven outings of five or more innings pitched this year.
Jordan Lyles vs. White Sox
- He will face a White Sox offense that ranks 13th in the league with 384 total hits (on a .243 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .394 (18th in the league) with 50 total home runs (16th in MLB play).
- Lyles has pitched nine innings, giving up four earned runs on six hits while striking out six against the White Sox this season.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Lucas Giolito
- The White Sox will send Giolito (2-3) to the mound for his 10th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed seven hits in six innings pitched against the Houston Astros on Sunday.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with a 3.86 ERA and 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .237.
- He has started nine games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in five of them.
- Giolito has seven starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The 28-year-old ranks 40th in ERA (3.86), 27th in WHIP (1.118), and 27th in K/9 (9.4) among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Lucas Giolito vs. Royals
- The Royals have scored 182 runs this season, which ranks 24th in MLB. They are batting .230 for the campaign with 44 home runs, 22nd in the league.
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Royals in one game, and they have gone 5-for-23 with a triple, a home run and two RBI over six innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.