Royals vs. White Sox Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 21
Published: May. 21, 2023 at 7:09 AM CDT|Updated: May. 21, 2023 at 1:08 PM CDT
The Chicago White Sox (18-29) aim to sweep the Kansas City Royals (14-33) on Sunday at Guaranteed Rate Field, beginning at 2:10 PM ET.
The probable starters are Lance Lynn (2-5) for the White Sox and Carlos Hernandez (0-1) for the Royals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Royals vs. White Sox Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: NBCS-CHI
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Guaranteed Rate Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Lynn - CHW (2-5, 6.66 ERA) vs Hernandez - KC (0-1, 4.09 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Read More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|White Sox vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|White Sox vs Royals Player Props|
|How to Watch White Sox vs Royals|
|White Sox vs Royals Odds|
|White Sox vs Royals Prediction|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Carlos Hernandez
- The Royals will look to Hernandez (0-1) to open the game and make his second start of the season.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, the right-hander tossed two scoreless innings against the San Diego Padres while surrendering two hits.
- He has a 4.09 ERA and 11.5 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are hitting .238 against him over his 19 appearances this season.
Carlos Hernandez vs. White Sox
- The opposing White Sox offense has a collective .242 batting average, and is 13th in the league with 390 total hits and 19th in MLB action with 198 runs scored. They have the 18th-ranked slugging percentage (.393) and are 17th in all of MLB with 50 home runs.
- In one inning over one appearance against the White Sox this season, Hernandez has a 0 ERA and a 0 WHIP while his opponents are batting .000.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Lance Lynn
- The White Sox will send Lynn (2-5) to the mound for his 10th start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed seven hits in seven innings against the Cleveland Guardians.
- The 36-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with a 6.66 ERA and 10.7 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .290.
- He has earned a quality start two times in nine starts this season.
- Lynn will look to finish five or more innings for the eighth start in a row.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 36-year-old's 6.66 ERA ranks 72nd, 1.519 WHIP ranks 70th, and 10.7 K/9 ranks 11th.
Lance Lynn vs. Royals
- The Royals have scored 183 runs this season, which ranks 25th in MLB. They have 361 hits, 23rd in baseball, with 45 home runs (22nd in the league).
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Royals in one game, and they have gone 9-for-24 with two doubles, two home runs and seven RBI over five innings.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.