Royals vs. Astros Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 15
Michael Massey carries a two-game homer streak into the Kansas City Royals' (46-101) game against the Houston Astros (83-64) at 8:10 PM ET on Friday, at Kauffman Stadium.
The Astros will give the nod to Cristian Javier (9-3, 4.78 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 10 on the season, and the Royals will counter with Zack Greinke (1-15, 5.19 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Royals vs. Astros Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 15, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Javier - HOU (9-3, 4.78 ERA) vs Greinke - KC (1-15, 5.19 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|Astros vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Astros vs Royals|
|Astros vs Royals Odds|
|Astros vs Royals Prediction|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zack Greinke
- Greinke gets the start for the Royals, his 24th of the season. He is 1-15 with a 5.19 ERA and 84 strikeouts in 126 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance -- out of the bullpen on Saturday -- the right-hander threw 3 2/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, allowing four earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Over 26 games this season, the 39-year-old has a 5.19 ERA and 6 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .285 to his opponents.
- Greinke has two quality starts under his belt this season.
- Greinke has 17 starts this year that he pitched five or more innings.
- He has had three appearances this season that he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Cristian Javier
- The Astros' Javier (9-3) will make his 28th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in four innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the San Diego Padres.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 4.78, a 2.44 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.295 in 27 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start 10 times in 27 starts this season.
- In 27 starts this season, Javier has lasted five or more innings 20 times, with an average of 5.2 innings per appearance.
- He has made 27 appearances and finished one of them without allowing an earned run.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.