Royals vs. Astros Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 17
The Kansas City Royals (48-101) aim to add on to their four-game winning streak when they meet the Houston Astros (83-66) on Sunday at 2:10 PM ET, at Kauffman Stadium.
The Astros will give the nod to Framber Valdez (11-10, 3.32 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 12 on the season, and the Royals will counter with Jordan Lyles (4-16, 6.27 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Royals vs. Astros Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Valdez - HOU (11-10, 3.32 ERA) vs Lyles - KC (4-16, 6.27 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|Astros vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Astros vs Royals|
|Astros vs Royals Odds|
|Astros vs Royals Prediction|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Lyles
- The Royals are sending Lyles (4-16) to the mound for his 29th start of the season. He is 4-16 with a 6.27 ERA and 107 strikeouts over 160 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty's last appearance was on Wednesday against the Chicago White Sox, when he threw five innings, surrendering seven earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- In 28 games this season, the 32-year-old has an ERA of 6.27, with 6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .260 against him.
- Lyles enters the matchup with five quality starts under his belt this year.
- Lyles is aiming for his fourth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.7 frames per start.
- He has had one outing this season that he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Framber Valdez
- The Astros' Valdez (11-10) will make his 29th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed seven innings while giving up three earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Oakland Athletics.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 3.32 and 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .227 in 28 games this season.
- He's looking to extend his four-game quality start streak.
- Valdez has pitched five or more innings in eight straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has finished five appearances without allowing an earned run in 28 chances this season.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 29-year-old's 3.32 ERA ranks eighth, 1.095 WHIP ranks 12th, and 8.8 K/9 ranks 26th.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.