Royals vs. Yankees Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 29
The Kansas City Royals (54-105) hope to end their three-game losing run versus the New York Yankees (81-78), at 8:10 PM ET on Friday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Yankees will send Carlos Rodon (3-7) to the mound, while Jordan Lyles (5-17) will get the nod for the Royals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Royals vs. Yankees Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 29, 2023
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- TV: BSKC
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Venue: Kauffman Stadium
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Rodon - NYY (3-7, 5.74 ERA) vs Lyles - KC (5-17, 6.08 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Royals Injury Report|
|Yankees vs Royals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Yankees vs Royals Player Props|
|How to Watch Yankees vs Royals|
|Yankees vs Royals Odds|
|Yankees vs Royals Prediction|
Royals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jordan Lyles
- The Royals are sending Lyles (5-17) to make his 31st start of the season. He is 5-17 with a 6.08 ERA and 116 strikeouts through 171 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Saturday, the righty threw five scoreless innings against the Houston Astros while surrendering two hits.
- In 30 games this season, the 32-year-old has amassed an ERA of 6.08, with 6.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .256 against him.
- Lyles is trying to pick up his sixth quality start of the year in this matchup.
- Lyles will look to continue a six-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he's averaging 5.7 frames per outing).
- In two of his appearances this season he did not allow an earned run.
Jordan Lyles vs. Yankees
- The opposing Yankees offense has a collective .226 batting average, and is 29th in the league with 1178 total hits and 24th in MLB action with 661 runs scored. They have the 21st-ranked slugging percentage (.398) and are eighth in all of MLB with 218 home runs.
- Head-to-head against the Yankees this season, Lyles has thrown five innings, giving up five earned runs on nine hits while striking out three.
Yankees Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Carlos Rodón
- The Yankees will send Rodon (3-7) to the mound for his 14th start this season.
- The left-hander gave up three earned runs in 6 1/3 innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The 30-year-old has pitched to a 5.74 ERA this season with 9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.6 walks per nine across 13 games.
- He's going for his third straight quality start.
- Rodon has three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has yet to finish an appearance without an earned run allowed this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.